Skip to main content
Translate
Default
English
Español
Français

User Access


Leap -  Ad - Empowering Contractors
Directory pinned ad
asdf12
Tremco -  Ad - Spring Into Action With a Roof Inspection
RClub pinned ad
Information pinned ad
Translate
Default
English
Español
Français

5.5 acres plus this shack.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author
Posts
February 4, 2009 at 2:17 p.m.

ottawa_roofer

Not a water front property, but never the less it's mine, just got all the paper work done yesterday. Now what do i do with it? >>>

February 4, 2009 at 2:44 p.m.

andy

Looks like the first order of business would be a lift to the top of the ski hill???>>>

February 4, 2009 at 3:04 p.m.

jcagle9595

Ted Kazinski finally let that go? :laugh: Just kidding, should be really nice for outings and getaways when the snow melts. Any fishing nearby?>>>

February 4, 2009 at 3:09 p.m.

ottawa_roofer

that was the selling point, 15 min walk to the most bluest water you've ever seen i will post some pics at a later date>>>

February 4, 2009 at 3:44 p.m.

jfreynik

If you don't mind What did it cost you. Looks like a great place to forget about things for a while. When is the open house party for the RCS people>>>

February 4, 2009 at 5:27 p.m.

ottawa_roofer

well the place in the province of Quebec, canada. $13,875. there is no road to this lot, it take about 20 minutes to walk to that shack, it's in the middle of nowhere, very cool place, well i couldn't walk in this time snow shoes was the ticket this time.>>>

February 4, 2009 at 6:05 p.m.

GKRFG1

Looks like paradise to me. Congrats!>>>

February 4, 2009 at 7:24 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

Very nice Mike. When you say it's about a 20 minute walk, it make me wonder how they got all the materials there to build the place.

>>>

February 4, 2009 at 8:11 p.m.

Old School

looks neat, but that is a bit much of a lot like work to me!>>>

February 5, 2009 at 7:48 a.m.

RandyB1986

$14K..........thats a steal!!! Less than $3,000 an acre and you get the cabin for free. A place like that near me would cost you $100,000+.

>>>

February 5, 2009 at 8:56 a.m.

CIAK

If your thinking of putting an electric fence you might want to reak this

We have the standard 6ft. fence in the backyard, and a few months ago, I heard about burglaries increasing dramatically along the coast. To make sure this never happened to me, I got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the top of the fence.

Actually, I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence. The ground rod is the key, with the more you have in the ground, the better the fence works. So I used an 8 ft. long ground rod, and drove it 7.5 feet into the ground.

One day I'm mowing the back yard with my cheapo Walmart 6hp bigwheel pushmower. The hot wire is broken and laying out in the yard. I knew for a fact that I unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it, to throw it out of the way. Well, it seems as though I hadn't remembered to unplug it after all.

Now I'm standing there, I've got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 gigavolt fence wire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover. Time stood still. The first thing I notice is my balls trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain.. Every time that Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine.

It seems as though the fence charger and the POS lawnmower were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses. Science says you cannot crap, pee, and nut at the same time. I beg to differ. Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point I'm about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire palm down so I can't let go. I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences... but Dad always had those shitty cheapo chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled. This I could not let go of. The 8 foot long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the sandy Gulf coast soil.

At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to just man up and take it, until the lawnmower runs out of gas. But then I remember I just filled the tank!

Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. I think 'Oh God, please die... pleeeeze die'. But nooooo, it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So here I am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard, begging God to kill me. God did not take me that day... he left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created...

I honestly don't know how I got loose from the wire.... I woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and I was sunburned. There were two large dead grass spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot were the wire lay while I was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire. Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep I realized a few things.

1- Three of my teeth seem to have melted. <

February 5, 2009 at 10:30 a.m.

roofdoc

CIAK, my eyes are watering i could not read it all at once had to take a break. I cowboyed for the ranch I grew up on, so I know damn well what your talking about. Sorry to here bout your balls hope they still work. Thancs for the laugh.>>>

February 5, 2009 at 6:44 p.m.

twill59

what Randy said. We were just in Brown County,IN, 2 weeks ago, and of course, I just had to look at the local real estate rags. Maybe more like $120,000 + that is w/ the road, of course>>>

February 5, 2009 at 10:15 p.m.

Mike H

Now of course electric fences don't fire that rapidly, so I guess the story is in the charge being transmitted through the mower. Not sure I beleive the possibility, but I did a BANG BANG BANG crap from laughing at it anyway.

I've got a few REAL electric fence stories. One involves a buddy that we convinced to pee on the fence. Just picture a guy lying on the ground in a fetal position, with his hands wrapped tightly in his crotch, speaking in tongues and drooling at the mouth.

And by the way O.R., the place looks like a slice of heaven to me. Can't wait to see the fishin' pics. Congrats.>>>

February 6, 2009 at 12:17 p.m.

tinner666

Tears in my eyes Ciak! :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:>>>

February 6, 2009 at 12:22 p.m.

tinner666

Nice place dude! :)>>>


« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geocel - Banner Ad - May 2022
Translate
Default
English
Español
Français

User Access


NRCA -  - Roofing week
Forum pinned ad
Tremco -  Ad - Spring Into Action With a Roof Inspection
Leap -  Ad - Empowering Contractors
asdf12
RLW pinned ad

Loading…
Loading the web debug toolbar…
Attempt #