40 yeqrs ago
« Back To Roofers Talk40 years ago this classy lady gave up a life of relative luxury to become the wife of a roofer.

The fact that all the roofer had to his name was a $25 ladder and a truck not-worth-the-payoff makes this the biggest roofing fraud sales job of my career.
It has been 35 for us, and it is hard to believe. there is no one I would rather grow old with . Congratulations. well done.
24 years for us, June-28th.
26 years here. I've got a $50 ladder now so everything is all good! :laugh:
36 years here. The first judge refused to marry us, said we were too young to know how to make a marriage work. That judge has been divorced 3 times now. I should send him a letter.
Was 34 years in May.
I had an $80.00 ladder. I always kid my wife that she married me for my money. This gives it a whole new meaning when I see wywoody only had a $25.00 ladder.
Mine was a flimsy sixteen-foot extension ladder from Montgomery Ward that must have also cost something in the $25 dollar range and I strapped it onto the rack of my station wagon. The first truck I bought about a year later came without a back window. Let me tell you...she's still not sure she made the right decision.
Made my day, Woody. :lol:
"Behind every successful man, there's a good woman"
We've all heard the expression. It's been around a long time. Seeing is believing. Met mine 22yrs ago. Went to buy general liability insurance... ended up with a whole life guarantee B)
Great line, Roofdude.
My $25 dollar ladder required it be set in the truck bed to reach the eave of a tall one story. My truck broke down in Grand Junction CO when I was moving to Denver. By the time it was repaired a week later, I had bought a new ladder and the old one looked so pathetic I left it there. The servicer manager admitted that since it was there, they were using it constantly. (There's an OSHA violation).
My wife gets 6 weeks vacation a year and I struggle to find time for even a week off, so she frequently takes a week to visit our daughter or her Mother.
The first day or 2, I revel in the freedom, by the third or fourth day, I realize what a mess I would be without her. She provides me with the structure and order I lack. I constantly strive to prove I deserve her.
Congratulations Woody
My wife had no idea what she was getting into. We dated for about 2 months when we moved in together. I was 17 she was 15. We have been together ever since that was 43 years ago. First 18 years she put up with alot of shit.
I started in business with my tool belt and the hand tools that it held. Had to borrow both a ladder and truck. That was 35 years ago. A lot has changed in both areas of my life.
Could not have weathered either area of my life without my wife.
It was 40 yrs ago for The very lovely Mrs. CIAK and I. At the time I had a harem hanging on to me. The very lovely Mrs. CIAK started moving in and eliminating them one at a time. Gets down to the last one and she Ask me the Question, what do you want out of life??? Glad I made the right decision. Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day :)













