Skip to main content
Translate
Default
English
Español
Français

User Access


Directory pinned ad
RClub pinned ad
Metalforming -  Ad - April 2022
Leap -  Ad - Empowering Contractors
NRCA -  - Roofing week
asdf12
Translate
Default
English
Español
Français

#1 Med Shakes_Labor Cost_New Construction

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author
Posts
May 19, 2009 at 6:06 p.m.

jfreynik

There's a lot of work on this one. I see several dead end valleys that need metal. You better be way more then $100.00 a square for this one the way it's cut up and it's also a full 2 story's high or better. I would be at $500.00 for the wood plus labor for the metal work>>>

May 19, 2009 at 10:03 p.m.

Clover

Copperman Said: Theres a lot of work on this one. I see several dead end valleys that need metal. You better be way more then $100.00 a square for this one the way its cut up and its also a full 2 storys high or better. I would be at $500.00 for the wood plus labor for the metal work

Thanks for the input, Exactly what I'm after. Anyone else what to chim in? >>>

May 20, 2009 at 7:01 a.m.

wywoody

I don't see any counterflashing coming out of the brick, is it there? You mention Ice & Water shield, will you have to pull up the underlayment to install it?

My liability insurance doesn't allow me to work on multifamily, so that's a project I would have had to pass on.>>>

May 20, 2009 at 7:19 a.m.

Clover

wywoody Said: I dont see any counterflashing coming out of the brick, is it there? You mention Ice & Water shield, will you have to pull up the underlayment to install it?

My liability insurance doesnt allow me to work on multifamily, so thats a project I would have had to pass on.

Nope no counter flashing yet, they have built a bunch of these units and none are flashed/counter flashed correctly. that's why they called me ;) Not to mention the crappy facia / soffit work. All of the previous units have leaked or have had blow off due to improper faster length. and yes to properly install I&W the underlayment needs to be dealt with.>>>

May 20, 2009 at 7:22 a.m.

Jed

Copperman suggests $500sq for all labor costs, then the shakes are $229. That brings the cost to $729 sq.....>>>

May 20, 2009 at 1:58 p.m.

Clover

Jed Said: Copperman suggests $500sq for all labor costs, then the shakes are $229. That brings the cost to $729 sq.....

Boy I wish we could get that kind of money here. Cooperman where are you located? need a partner :unsure: LOL>>>

May 20, 2009 at 2:53 p.m.

jfreynik

Located in northeast PA. The more I look at it the more I realize I probably under bid, when you have to go back and install I&S and do all the counter flashing in the brick(I missed that). :ohmy:>>>

May 20, 2009 at 10:50 p.m.

lanny

I think $500 is a bit rich especially on a new construction job. New construction around here is pretty competative and the contractors I bid are tight with money. I just wouldn't get the job at $500. I would do it for $200-250 gladly. I might have to bid the flashing detail T & M as I cannot see how much is involved there. Generally with one helper I try to make $1,000/day labor. I figure my helper gets $250; I get $500 and my company overhead is $250. That is just a rule of thumb I use to bid some jobs. I can generally predict how many days a job will take and I use this formula on occasion when it is too difficult to bid by the square. Between the two of us I cannot see how we could not get on 5 sq/day average even with the cut up. Lanny>>>

May 20, 2009 at 10:58 p.m.

Clover

lanny Said: I think $500 is a bit rich especially on a new construction job. New construction around here is pretty competative and the contractors I bid are tight with money. I just wouldnt get the job at $500. I would do it for $200-250 gladly. I might have to bid the flashing detail T & I as I cannot see how much is involved there. Generally with one helper I try to make $1,000/day labor. I figure my helper gets $250; I get $500 and my company overhead is $250. That is just a rule of thumb I use to bid some jobs. I can generally predict how many days a job will take and I use this formula on occasion when it is too difficult to bid by the square. Between the two of us I cannot see how we could not get on 5 sq/day average even with the cut up. Lanny

Same here They wouldn't even consider $500.00 a square around here. I think I'll loose money if I go any less then $200.00 +extras, flashing, I&W ETC. Thanks for your input.>>>

May 22, 2009 at 1:51 p.m.

Clover

Thanks everyone for your input. just for reference How about some input on what you would do Laminates for on this job? (Labor) I'm trying to figure out a cost for my region. Ken@newroofnebraska.com>>>


« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geocel - Banner Ad - May 2022
Translate
Default
English
Español
Français

User Access


Tremco -  Ad - Spring Into Action With a Roof Inspection
Information pinned ad
Leap -  Ad - Empowering Contractors
NRCA -  - Roofing week
asdf12
RLW pinned ad

Loading…
Loading the web debug toolbar…
Attempt #